Wednesday 26 May 2010

Dreamy Wednesday - This weeks favourite picks from Dreamaid

I post an Etsy feature on a Monday or Tuesday and a Folksy Friday, so why not have a Wednesday devoted to Dreamaid?  After all, Wednesday's the day of the week we all starting dreaming of the weekend, isn't it? 

It's great to see more sellers and items on the site this week.  Here are a few of my favourite items posted on Dreamaid in the last few days. Click on any of the pictures to go directly to that item.




This stunning photo of Snoqualmie Falls, Washington, USA caught my eye.  Have to admit, I'd never heard of the place, but now it's definately on my visit list!  John Gaffen is the UK-based artist who shot this and you can see more of his fantastic photos on the Dreamaid site.

I  bought this card from Chrissys for three main reasons:



1.  It's so charming
2.  It's a perfect card for a man (and it doesn't have a picture of a car or someone playing golf on it)
3.  It's particularly perfect for someone who's concerned about the environment.

So that's my brother-in-laws Birthday card sorted in advance.  Thanks Chrissys!


Next up, an artist with a style I really love.  cbaroneart combines a folk art style with stunning colour combinations and a touch of Eastern Europe influence - at least, that's what I think.  You can see more on her blog which has links to Etsy and Folksy shops.

And last but by no means least, here's my second Dreamaid purchase this week:



I bought it as a card, and it's even more beautiful in real life - really intense colours and textures - Wisteria tree by mochalulu.

A great thing about shopping on Dreamaid, besides the fact that you're donating to charity with every purchase, is the customer service.  Both items I bought came within a couple of days and were carefully packaged with lovely extra notes and sentiments.  You know exactly who you are buying from, and can get in touch with the seller whenever you need to.  That's the beauty of buying handmade.

Hope you like these choices.  More to come - watch this space ;-)

1 comment:

  1. how lovely to see my artwork on here, many thanks, I'm so pleased you like the card ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails