Thursday 12 August 2010

Handmade and fabulous...

I've been lucky enough to have my items featured on the Handmade and Fabulous blog twice, thanks to nominations from other Folksy sellers.  The blog choices are made from the Handmade and Fabulous Flickr group, which you can find here.  This week is even better, because I was honoured to be asked to make my own three choices - here they are:

http://fabulouslyhandmade.blogspot.com/2010/08/fabulous-three-on-flickr_11.html

three great handmade sellers there (Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics ,Girly Revolution and Topaz Turtle).

Susie from Lynwood Jewels works so hard on this blog and in featuring other artists that I think her work deserves a bit of a shout too.  I've added links to Lynwood Jewellry on Folksy here even thought Susie and her colleague sell from a number of other venues which you can find out about on their blog.

This is my favourite piece from the shop at the moment - a tribute to Anglo Saxon jewellry, it would make a stunning present for someone with a passion for the past.



These earrings too remind me of something from another time and place.  You can see the craftmanship in all the Lynwood Jewellery treasures.


Not really a surprise to learn the their creations have been featured in Vogue.  This necklace could easily grace the catwalk, I think.





I think it's the sense of flow and movement, and the appeal of the simple geometic shapes in all these pieces which really cross the line between art and jewellery.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails